Jaguar XE Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now that the XK is meeting with the reaper it seems that Jaguar already has a replacement in the womb. Word from Auto Express is that Jaguar will be pulling a German and spinning of their range topping saloon into a 2+2 Large GT.

Maserati will be making a similar move and Mercedes has already pulled the trigger on the S-Class coupe, While the Conti GT has already been playing in this sandbox for years. With the F-Type occupying the XK's old post and with new 4 cylinder engines expected online shortly to satisfy even lower rungs, it makes sense that Jag would now turn their focus to the £100,000+ slice...

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/jaguar/86254/luxurious-new-jaguar-xk-planned

·
Registered
701 Posts

Its a pretty good looking car from the rendering here. And it seems to take on the design language of the f-type which I think is a step in the right direction. Its supposed to come out at the end of 2016. That's not too far away. I look forward to it.

·
Registered
130 Posts
It will work, but whether Jaguar will afford the expense on such a very low sale, I am not so sure about, I can not see it out selling the current XK, and thats just 4,000 per annum.

Mercedes has been doing an S-Class coupe for decades, and you very rarely see them about, unless of course you watch re-runs of Dallas.

I would expect XF variants first, XFC, XFCC, but they will be after the XESB, XEC, and XECC.

More to the point, JLR have GOT to launch a brand new marque in the next couple of years to abide by legislation/contract, so expect to see something released about that in teh mid term, this will cost them dear, but the rewards will be phenomenal.

·
Registered
775 Posts
I guess they will have to make it work if they really want to have some mainstream coupe too. It will be a good M4 rival.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts